Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Confused about monitors, printers, and colors

PeterPhD

Carlsbad, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PeterPhD Registered since 03rd Nov 2013
Sun 10-Nov-13 05:50 PM

I really would like my prints to look just as they do on my screen. I bought a MultiSyncPA231W monitor, with a SpectraSensor Pro for calibration and software for that from NEC. I calibrate regularly. For printing, I have a Canon Pro 100. I shoot in RAW, then adjust colors etc. in Capture NX2, on a MacPro. I turn soft proof on, and the picture settings on the screen are Nikon sRGB 4.0.0.3002. When it is time to print, the settings are so confusing. Two sequential screens come up. On the first, under color management, I have the option to set image profile and printer profile. I can also select as an alternative "Use source profile". Then on the next screen I can again chose btw ColorSync and Canon Color matching. Under the former, there are 1001 options, including the above mentioned Nikon sRGB 4.0.0.3002. But in the end, regardless of what I chose, I have not been able to get the colors of the prints to match tha screen color. Some are very close, but usually there are important aspects lacking, such as warmth of some colors, some reds have a slight pink to them, the blues ar enot as deep. Not that the prints ar ebad, but after spending so much time and money I am very frustrated.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G