Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

The Digital Print - Jeff Schewe

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10633 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Mon 26-Aug-13 04:41 PM

I just got the new book by Jeff Schewe - The Digital Print. While directed to printing with Photoshop and Lightroom, the content is very good even if you use other programs. It is a relatively advanced book but has some good nuggets.

One interesting point - it suggests sizing for an output resolution of 360 PPI for Epson pro level printers (4900 and up). The logic is that matches the 360 ink nozzles per inch of the newer pro printers. And for Finest Detail, you would upsize to 720 ppi. The reason for this is that if you have a different size than the printer needs, the printer handles the resizing algorithm with a less sophisticated routine than in PS or LR. As a result, the upsizing or downsizing may be sub-optimal. (bottom of page 186)

There are a lot of other very specific suggestions and recommendations.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

G