Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Calibrating laptop for Smugmug

mvlow1974

US
107 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mvlow1974 Registered since 03rd Dec 2012
Tue 20-Aug-13 04:15 PM

I am getting to the stage in my photography where I am starting to get asked to print some of my images for friends and relatives. I am thinking about opening a basic Smugmug account so they can print the images direct from Smugmug. I am currently processing all of my images in LR4 on a Dell laptop and do not have the money to upgrade to a desktop at the moment.

My question is how do I make sure the images they print through Smugmug are going to print how I intended them. Should I calibrate my laptop and order a copy of each image myself to see how they print or is there an easier way? Right now my laptop is not calibrated and when I print an image the color appears correct but if I have the laptop plugged in and adjust the brightness of the image the resulting prints tend to be slightly too dark. I find that if I unplug my laptop the screen dims and if I then adjust the image brightness based on the darker screen, the brightness of the print is more accurate.

Malcolm

G