Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why do I need to calibrate my monitor?

Garys

Mesa, US
234 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009
Sun 28-Jul-13 02:45 PM

Hypothetically:

I purchase an Epson 3880 and Epson photo paper and I only use Epson inks. When I print, I only use the profiles that Epson recommends for the type of Epson paper that I am using. Why then would I need to worry about the color of the print? Or worry about the difference of the printed image and what I see on my monitor? Wouldn’t the profile print the colors associated with the algorithms defined for the profile regardless of what I see on my monitor?

Or, if I send my file to a lab and it uses different equipment than I have, won’t the image that appears on their monitor be different in color then the image that appears on my monitor? As the lab has never viewed the image on my equipment or the actual subject, how do they know what to compare it to?

I am just trying to figure out why I need to calibrate my monitor.

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why do I need to calibrate my monitor?

G