Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Well It Finally Happened !!

PSAGuy

Lake Elmo, US
1766 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PSAGuy Gold Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2008
Wed 24-Jul-13 02:41 PM | edited Wed 24-Jul-13 02:44 PM by PSAGuy

I have been hearing all the reports about nozzle clogs on the Epson R2880 and thought I dodged the bullet for the past 5 years. My 2880 has been a champ, and never clogged....ever. It would sit idle for a month or so in my off-season (summer), but it prints 200+ images a day during each weekend from October thru March.

I went to print a photo today for a client and ...oh man....the gorgeous blues in the player's uniform came out purple. The shadow colors on their arms and legs made the players look like they had not washed in weeks....like they had dirt on them.

I ran a test and sure enough my Cyan and light black nozzles are clogged. I have new cartridges in them but to no avail. I tried the utility to unclog it, and had little success in anything other than using lots of ink !!

Any suggestions ? Is 5 years of rugged duty considered the useful life of a 2880 ? It has done a great job but I also have my eye on a nice new 3880.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Well It Finally Happened !!

G