Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Professional Printing Services

N80

Rock Hill, US
8764 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
N80 Silver Member Charter Member
Sun 30-Jun-13 11:44 PM

I've had an Epson 2400 for years now. I use it mainly for making B&W prints. It is capable of making superb prints and I've made a good many. But I have never been able to get consistently good prints from it. Most of the good prints I've made were either luck or trial and error. Even when I've followed good post processing and printing algorithms I do not get consistent results. And the ratio between keepers ( meaning a print that I would sell or enter into a photo contest) and trash is pretty bad. That might be my fault....but still very frustrating and expensive.

And this printer is notorious for using excessive amounts of (really expensive) ink. I seem to recall a lot of criticism about this and accusations that Epson designed the printers to use excess ink at startup.

Anyway, today I made a large print and nailed the settings and such. Perfect except that there were scuff marks from the rollers across the top of the print. Ruined. And I'm kind of fed up.

Do not want to buy a new $1000+ printer.

So.....do any of you know of high quality professional printing services who are capable of making fine art B&W prints from your files? I think I need to look at this route. I do not print a high volume of prints.

George Barron

My Nikonians Gallery is here:
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1091

G