Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Canon Imageprograf ipf6400 24" Prtr ordered

dgillilan

Williamsburg, US
2695 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dgillilan Silver Member Nikonian since 15th May 2006
Sat 15-Jun-13 08:21 PM

Hi,
I made the decision after much research, on a replacement for one of my Epson R1800 printers(7 yrs old), one is still in service. The other R1800 I recycled. These are wonderful for gloss, but limited to 13" wide and no networking, no larger carts, and older technology, etc.
I use my Epson R3800 (six yrs old) for matte, only up to 17" wide and with no roll ability and I recently changed it from USB to network and with no warning, to print a test print, it switched from matte to photo black and sucked up about 3 ml of ink. Yikes. Very frustrated with this sucking of ink thing. That is part of the reason I looked at Canon options.
So I decided to get the features I wanted and to upgrade to the latest technology, which is the gigabit networking, the roll ability, and the Lucia EX inks and many more great features on the Canon which included a printer stand that has the roll catcher and little compartments to hold manuals and other items for the printer and a stand made for it(none I found for the Epson). I found features on the Canon that I did not see on the Epson R4900, namely one of scheduling the nozzle checks on a regular schedule and so many customization items, gosh(I downloaded the user manual), and it also offered a standard multi sensor that calibrates color and density, (and the other thing that concerned me was that the Epson still uses the HDR inks which are several years old, and not the latest "vivid magenta" Epson inks, and less number of inks also than the Canon); The multi sensor of 3 LEDs is not for an icc print profile; I will continue to use my Datacolor spyder to develop my own icc print profiles.
I wanted the $300 rebate also, until June 30, so I ordered the Canon ipf 6400 and should receive it this week. Anyone with any tips on the ipf printers, please share with me.

Thanks, Debra

Visit My Nikonian Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=94067
My Zenfolio Gallery: http://debragillilan.zenfolio.com/

G