Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

First printer problem...........

Bump57

US
6898 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007
Mon 27-May-13 11:57 PM | edited Mon 27-May-13 11:58 PM by Bump57

Until today I have run completely free of printer problems. Today I wanted to print a very wide pano image I have. The larger version of this image in it's native size is 17 x 120. I wanted to print a much smaller version of this at home on the 3880 so I cropped and sized it to about 5.25 x 34.625 which should print fine on the 3880 according to the spec's. The prints look gorgeous, but... they I found out when I went to mat them are not straight. Along the long edge on the bottom it bows up in the middle about 1/8 inch, same with the top edge. I noticed this because I print this image with a 1/8 white space showing at all sides which I have done with all my images and have never had an issue. I went back and put a straight edge on all my recent 24" wide images and they are all perfect. What could be causing this longer image 35" more or less to print with a bow in it on the long edge. I printed 4 images all with the same result. I used LR for printing. I made a custom print size of 17 x 37. Made two print cells within it to print two per page. I used the top sheet feeder on the printer, should I have used a different paper path maybe? I am at a loss here.

Click on image to view larger version

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: First printer problem...........
Reply message RE: First printer problem........... UPDATE

G