Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 3880 & print size

Slider

Florida, US
196 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Slider Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2008
Sat 20-Apr-13 02:14 AM

I am completely perplexed about a print size problem I am experiencing. The following is a description of my problem. I apologize in advance for being long-winded, but I felt it better to risk providing too much information than not enough.

I have an Epson 3880, iMac and am using Capture NX 2 and am attempting to print a photo on 13x19 Epson Ultra Premium Photo Luster paper. The Size/resolution output in Capture NX 2 is set at 18.5" width and 12.29" height and 300 dpi resolution. The file size is 5550 pixels width and 3686 pixels height.

In the printer layout, I have the following:

Printer: Epson 3880
Paper: Epson Premium Luster 13x19
Printable Area: 12.8x13.8

Page Layout: Use Output resolution
Rotate to Fit

Page Setup: Format For: Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Paper Size: 13x19
Orientation: Landscape
Scale: 100%

Here's my problem. Despite these settings, my print output on the 13x19 paper is approximately 8 1/2 x 11 1/2. When holding the paper in the landscape position, the image appears in portrait mode skewed to the top, right corner of the paper. In addition, the output contains only the center 1/3 of the image. There is blank paper where the left third of the image should be and the right third of the image is cut off by the edge of the paper. I have tried everything, including speaking to an Epson technical expert at Photoshop world this week and am completely befuddled. The Epson expert told me that I needed to rotate the image Capture NX so that it appeared exactly as the paper would feed into the printer. This made no sense to me since the printer driver provides the means for selecting the print orientation. In any case, I tried what he suggested and the results were the same.

I TRULY appreciate any guidance that can resolve this problem as I am wasting large quantities of time, paper and ink to no avail.

Thanks,

George

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 3880 & print size