Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Annoyed with Epson

JerryLoSardo

Frederick, US
1095 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter Member
Sun 17-Mar-13 03:44 PM

I purchased an Epson R2000 printer on 24 January (love the printer, by the way). I printed out and filled out the rebate form around 10 February and mailed in all of the required documentation (receipt, rebate form, SKU label) on 15 February--well within the requirement for the rebate request to have been postmarked within 30 days of purchase.

Because I printed the rebate form in February instead of January, the form stated that the printer had to have been purchased between 1-28 February to be eligible for the rebate. So after 4 weeks Epson sent all of my documentation back with a form letter suggesting I resubmit and to follow the rules (in so many words). The letter did state that I can call them to try to resolve the situation, and that's what I'll do. But it seems to me they're being a bit bureaucratic, seeing as how I had documentary proof that I met the 30-day purchase window requirement. I realize the world has bigger problems than my personal trivia, but I'm curious what others think. Am I being unreasonable in my annoyance?

Jerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

G