Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Canvas Wrap quality

photohombre

Louisville CO, US
86 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
photohombre Basic Member
Mon 11-Mar-13 09:07 PM

Every year I donate several large mounted athletic team portraits to a local high school for their annual auction fund raiser. This year I decided to do something a little different - a canvas wrap 16x20. Both of the teams were fairly large (one with 75, the other 50) The original files are tack sharp, 300 dpi. The wraps arrived today and they are terrible - quite a few of the faces on the kids are not recognizable & the saturation/contrast level of the image is way below average. I've only had one canvas wrap done before - it was a portrait of two sisters & it was fine. That being said, I know very little about the medium. Would a group image suffer such a decline in quality when using a canvas wrap option? Or would the issue be a lab-specific problem? Should the quality issue be inherent to the medium I'll need to quickly order mounted print replacements & suck up the loss to experience. Thanks in advance for your input.

Richard

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Canvas Wrap quality

G