Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 3880 Printer Calibration

19US

Robbinsville, US
200 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
19US Registered since 20th Jul 2008
Fri 08-Mar-13 12:20 AM

Just took delivery of the 3880 today and was able to get everything setup and run some tests, etc without too much incident thanks to several of the threads here I've been peeking the past several weeks.

My question, apologies for the ignorance - To prepare for the new printer, I profiled my monitor with colormunki. In the colormunki software I then run the element that profiles the monitor and matches it to the printer. This created a 'profile' for the Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper based on color charts that I printed. How does that compare to the ICC profile Epson provides, and when I print from LR4, which should I select as my profile? The Epson ICC profile appears in LR4 under "Color Management/Profile" and the one I created displays in the same utility when you enable the "Include Display Profiles" option. Which should I use? Does this mean I should recalibrate for each paper and use the profile I developed (which I didn't think you all were doing)?

Can someone help clarify and point me in the right direction?

All this to say, I've run a few BW prints, and am very happy with them. I ran 1 color print, and the print preview scared me because some of the colors looked way blown out, but it printed OK (using the Epson provided ICC).

I'm printing out of LR4, have ensured I've turned off color management in the printer profile.

Thanks for reading and I'm hopeful there will be someone who can clarify for me. Do I use the profile I created (ignoring Epsons) or do I use theirs, and then what do I do with the one I created?

Sorry for running on and on....

Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Or more recent work here:
Bundle of Paws Photography.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 3880 Printer Calibration