Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

TIFF. Unwanted thumbs of aTIFF image

Shy Talk

Port Glasgow, UK
653 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Shy Talk Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Jun 2010
Thu 07-Mar-13 02:57 PM | edited Thu 07-Mar-13 04:16 PM by Shy Talk

Hi Folks

When I do a scan of a slide (or a neg) in my Coolscan V, the image is stored as a TIFF. In red on the TIFF is '2P', up in the left corner above the image.
I think it means '2 pages'. Page 1 is just what I expect. Page 2 is the crummy copy. I only want what is found on 'page 1'. If I need to resize, I can do that myself.

If I try and scroll through the scans, after I've viewed the one I want to see- the next image is a duplicate pic, but greatly reduced in size and quality.

I don't want these 'thumbnail' size pics, as they greatly spoil the fun of scrolling through my scans.

If I modify a scan, and save it as a jpeg, I don't get this duplication.

Worse- if I try to delete the thumbnail like copy, I get asked if I want to delete both. So I can't even get rid of the damn things.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to delete the unwanted copy images?

I read somewhere that there is always a 'preview' associated with a TIFF. How can I get rid of them?

Ta.

Simon

my webpage is at http://www.scottishops.co.uk

my Nikonians gallery is here. https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/330319

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: TIFF. Unwanted thumbs of aTIFF image