Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How does one make the printed image look the same as the displayed image?

kennoll

Seattle, US
953 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011
Tue 05-Mar-13 08:10 PM | edited Tue 05-Mar-13 08:12 PM by kennoll

(Never seen this question before right? Yeah, only about a hundred times...so I should know this....right.)

I don't do a lot of printing. Probably because of frustration in that I can't seem to get the displayed image and the printed image to look the same.

I have the Datacolor Spyder3 Pro to keep the display calibrated. I use an Epson printer and specify which paper I'm using so the paper profile is correct.

There's some connection I'm missing between the display profile and the printer profile.

I see this question a lot and the answer usually is "calibrate your display and your troubles are over" or something like that. But, that's only part of the answer, right? Where's the profile connection between display and printer?

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: How does one make the printed image look the same a...

G