Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Working file resolution for current Epson printers

hujiie

US
597 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hujiie Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2009
Fri 25-Jan-13 10:21 PM | edited Fri 25-Jan-13 10:28 PM by hujiie

I had a business meeting with Epson imaging scientists. One of them is the top project leader for all print heads for professional and consumer photo printers. According to them, current native Epson printer’s heads are either 300 dpi or 360 dpi. So long as you are using EPSOM DRIVERS to print your images, your working resolutions should be multiples of these nozzle numbers to have maximum results. So first find your native resolutions of your print head of your printer then work from there. If you can afford, 720 dpi files or 600 dpi (or 1440, 2880 / 1500, 3000 dpi) as higher dpi should create better results if you can afford, though human eyes might not distinguish them comparing to lower res. Most practically, 300 dpi or 360 dpi (or 150 dpi or 180 dpi) should be good. However, if you use 3rd party professional RIP's, things are different. You have to use different algorism that I posted in past here, which I could not find it yet….

So I apologize my prior comments for this matters..., which was only referred to 3rd party RIP's.

www.hitoshiujiie.com/photography.html

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Working file resolution for current Epson printers