Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dark/Gray Prints

fisherd80fun

Essex, US
539 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
fisherd80fun Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2009
Tue 18-Dec-12 03:02 AM

Just recently I have encountered problems printing using the same vendor I have used for the past 4 years. Here is the scenario. I shoot in RAW, use NX2 or LR followed by Photoshop if needed. When I open the pics in Photoshop or Preview, they look great; however, when I upload them to my vendor, they look dark. When they print, they lose all contrast and have a grey look to them (they are not bw...they are color pics) I reprocess them, lighten them considerably, and they look "OK" on my vendor's site, but when printed always look washed out. This does not happen with every picture and I have looked at them on different MACs. I do not currently have any monitor calibration software, and hope I don't need it. (Had it years ago on my Windows PC and it was a pain). Here is one of the pics. Will be interested to see if it looks bright and colorful on your PCs/MAC or if it looks dark. The sky is a light blue, and the flowers are bright pink and some red.

Thanks in advance...Hope I made some sense. Having a hard time pinpointing where I think the problem is because it is just certain pictures.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dark/Gray Prints