Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Printing help needed

kennoll

Seattle, US
953 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011
Mon 24-Sep-12 10:18 PM

Since my Epson printer went belly up I'm starting to work out a procedure for preparing photos to send out for printing. I downloaded the ICC profiles for my local Costco so have those. I use CNX2 and/or LR4 for PP with improving (nothing is ever perfect) results. What I need now is a reliable procedure to prepare photos for sending out for printing.

I have sent a few out for printing but they were just existing jpegs. I tend to crop a lot so would need some help there to understand how to request the proper sizing. I use the standard sizes offered on the Costco website for formatting but usually have to re-crop to fit their formats.

Does anyone have a procedure they use that they will share? Something I could use as a template for developing my own workflow? It would be helpful if the procedure starts after PP has been done and the photo is ready for the print prep procedure.

Thanks,
Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

G