Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

This may be the dumbest question you have heard so far this month.

GaryPk

Bailey, US
543 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
GaryPk Silver Member Nikonian since 01st May 2012
Sat 22-Sep-12 02:41 AM | edited Sat 22-Sep-12 02:42 AM by GaryPk

I have a Dell 24 inch high res monitor color and brightness calibrated with a Sypder Pro. I print 13 x 19 on an Epson printer using Epson paper profiles. The result is that I get printed images pretty close to what I see on the screen.

The problem is my images for display on my web site, Flickr, facebook, and emails. What looks great coming out of color-managed Lightroom is over bright and over saturated when displayed online. I save images for display as sRGB. I am wondering if I should just eliminate the color calibration all together since the people I email too don't have calibrated hi res monitors and go back to just adding a little brightness and saturation at print time. Would appreciate you thoughts on viewing color calibrated images on a non-calibrated monitor. Thank you. Gary . . . www.GaryPackPhotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G