Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

CPW Fine Art Printing Workshop - Sept 8-9

schadowrider

Rochester, US
110 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
schadowrider Registered since 10th Mar 2012
Wed 29-Aug-12 04:39 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm signed up for a Fine Art Printing workshop being held at the Center for Photography at Woodstock on the 8th and 9th of September. I've not attended any of their workshops before; a former colleague recommended them to me years ago but this is the first time the planets have aligned for me to be able to go to one.

Anyway, I'm posting about it because I understand that they still have some slots open. There's more info here:

http://www.cpw.org/WPW/2012/pages/September.html

Even though I currently own an Epson 2400, and they'll be working with Canons, I'm still expecting it to be worthwhile for a couple of reasons:

1) I called them to confirm that most the learning will not be brand specific -- I should be able to transfer the learnings to the Epson environment.

2) I've never been happy with my Epson results, and it seems worse than ever trying to print out of LR4. Much of it is operator error, but I've been thinking about the PIXMA-PRO1 anyway, and this can give me an opportunity to see what the Canon can do...

Well, and a third: will be fun to spend a few days in Woodstock! Plus I'm on vacation the week before, so I'm planning on taking a leisurely photo-adventure ride cross-state on non-Interstate highways.

Regards,
Glenn

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

http://shadowriderimages.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: CPW Fine Art Printing Workshop - Sept 8-9