Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Color cast on printer

mli154

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mli154 Registered since 15th Aug 2012
Wed 15-Aug-12 08:11 PM

Hi folks. I'm new to Nikonians (first post) and new to digital after many years on B&W film. My cameras were stolen and I decided that was the signal to make the switch, so I bought a Nikon and here we go...it's certainly different than my darkroom!

My first issue in this new medium is getting a black & white print. A friend who had upgraded gave me his Epson R1800 to use while I get my feet wet. I bought a copy of Elements 10, converted an image to grayscale, and printed it to see what would happen. The result was Purple & White. I'm using Epson inks and Epson matte papers.

Just as an experiment, I started over, desaturated the image, then played with adding a bit of this and a bit of that color and the best I can get is something that still looks like it sat in the selenium toner slightly too long.

I tried some color prints to see if there was a noticeable cast to them and there isn't. They seem fine.

What horrible newbie mistake am I making?

G