Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Spyder3Elite and Mountain Lion

bkinthebay

bkinthebay, BE
409 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bkinthebay Registered since 27th Feb 2010
Fri 10-Aug-12 07:58 PM

I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion (complete, fresh install) and did calibrate my Eizo s2243w screen this afternoon. I am really puzzled by the result.

First of all, the colors are not at all consistent anymore with what I get when I print on my Epson R3000 (it used to be the case on Lion) and look 'strange' on screen.

Second, the gamut displayed on the chart attached is smaller than sRGB and nowhere near AdobeRGB. On Lion, sRGB was clearly included in the gamut of the screen and the latter covered a significant chunck of AdobeRGB.

On top of that, I recalibrated my internal MacbookPro display and the gamut of this screen is even larger than the Eizo one.

So question: has someone here encountered problems with Mountain Lion and a spyder3Elite?

I have installed the latest datacolor software downloaded from their website (I uninstalled and installed again to test but with no improvement).

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

G