Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Genuine Epson Ink?

UncleBob

Winnipeg, CA
268 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
UncleBob Registered since 18th Nov 2006
Sun 05-Aug-12 01:54 PM

Hello all,

I used to purchase Epson ink for my 7900/9900 printers from Vistek in Toronto. As is stated on the box all the inks purchased are made in Japan.
Recently, to save on shipping, I switched to the local supplier and so far purchased two ink cartridges from them. They are both made in Indonesia. Although on the box is stated "Genuine Epson Ink", I'm wandering if I bought fake product. The packaging is a bit different. The label on the ink purchased from Vistek states "Epson Ultra Chrome HDR ink" and the one made in Indonesia doesn't have this label. They both have same Epson "Color shifting label" on the box.

Does any of you have experienced this and is there any way for me to check if the ink is genuine?

Thanks for any suggestion you may provide.

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G