Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Some prints with color mismatch

Broadway Bob

Milford, US
121 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Broadway Bob Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014warded for Nikonian since 15th Mar 2009
Sun 08-Jul-12 03:52 PM

I am using Lightroom 4.1 and an Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer. Lately, I am having a problem with certain colors, namely shades of blue, that do not match the color on my monitor. Monitor is a Dell Ultrasharp U2410. The reds, greens, and yellows seem to match, but the blues are off. It is a little noticeable in the sky, but mostly when the photo is, say, a royal blue, the print comes out as a noticeably lighter blue.

I'm wondering if this is a printer ink issue - I don't use the printer on a daily basis or even a weekly basis sometimes. The inks have been in the printer about 15 months. Should I try removing and shaking the ink cartridges? Or probably just replace them?

Thanks,

Bob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G