Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

R3880 Color Question

bmunson

San Diego, US
351 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bmunson Registered since 05th Apr 2007
Thu 21-Jun-12 12:05 AM

I bought an Epson 3880 after my 2880 died a few months back. I seem to be having an issue with differences between the color orange on my LCD vs my prints. I calibrate my monitors frequently with an Eye-One Display 2 and set the Luminance between 80 to 90. I print from Lightroom 4and I am using the proper profile for the paper/printer. I use Lightroom soft proofing to deal with out of gamut colors. On one print the clouds turned out more pink than orange, on another the orange went more yellow. I could go back and print some stuff I printed with the 2880 to see in there are any significant differences, but I cannot be sure the photo has not been tweaked between then and now. It seems if I could get a printed test chart as well as a jpg of the same that I could print, that may tell me where my problem lies. Any thoughts?

Barry

The pursuit of photography drives me to go places and see things I otherwise would only view through the eyes of others.

Visit my Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: R3880 Color Question

G