Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Rational Printer Choice

herbnapa

Napa, US
130 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
herbnapa Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2009
Wed 02-May-12 12:49 AM

I've been printing smaller formated photos for personal use on an all purpose printer (HP OfficeJet 8500). I'd like to "upgrade" to a better quality printer for photo purposes, and have been considering buying an Epson Stylus Pro 3880. This is, of course, capable of printing larger sized prints, but I rarely need to print in sizes upto 17". I'd appreciate recommendations for a printer which could render a quality print in smaller sizes. For those infrequent pictures that I'd print larger, then I could first proof them, and then have larger prints made for me.

I appreciate that there are other variables\costs, such as paper quality, size, and ink qualities. But, all things being equal, would you recommend that I go ahead with buying the Epson 3880, or would you recommend my buying an alternative printer? I can afford the Epson 3880, and printer supplies, but do you think this is a rational choice?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G