Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Aesthetics of different papers?

Brodstein

San Francisco, US
94 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Brodstein Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd May 2007
Fri 27-Apr-12 05:38 PM

For the last couple of years, I have primarily been printing on Red River Arctic Polar Gloss, which I like very much.

Recently, based on a recommendation, I have been trying Moab Lasal Exhibition Luster 300, which is also very nice.

I have printed images using both papers, and am interested in the difference. (And, yes, my monitor is calibrated regularly, and I am using custom profiles for each paper.)

The results from both are pleasing, but there is a difference. The Moab Lasal image seems slightly yellower than the Red River Arctic Polar Gloss (which is whiter). You can see the difference in the papers when you look at blank sheets of each. The slightly yellower quality of the Moab paper "bleeds through" (for want of a better description) to the image itself.

I suppose that some of the difference may be attributable to variations in the custom profiles?

To people who know, I am sure that all of this is very obvious. But I would appreciate some hints so that I can better understand this issue.

Thank you very much!

G