Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manually install paper profiles

elec164

US
2578 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Tue 17-Apr-12 07:09 PM | edited Tue 17-Apr-12 08:59 PM by elec164

I’m hoping someone can help me with this issue.

I recently upgraded my PC to a Win7 64-bit and the issue I have is the paper profiles for my printer.

Being an older HP Photosmart 8250 it appears all I can get is the driver for it included with Win 7. The printer seems to work fine, but I don’t have the paper profiles listed in PS for proofing and printing anymore.

But I still have my old system up and running. My question is that I was wondering if I could manually take the profiles off of the database on my old PC and put them where they belong on the new one. I think I should be able to, but I don’t have a clue as to where to look for them.

Anyone have any ideas or information that may help.

Pete

edited to add:

OK, I finally found an old thread that gave me the location of the profiles. It was "Windows\system32\spool\drivers\color" and I had to put it under "Windows//SysWOW64/spool/drivers/color just in case anyone else runs into this.

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G