Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 1400, Won't print image centered

cogrady

Salt Lake City, US
590 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
cogrady Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jan 2009
Tue 17-Apr-12 03:49 PM

I'm having a problem with my Epson 1400. It will not print an image centered, even though I have ticked off all of the settings to have it do so.

A few facts:
1. I have two Macs, one is an iMac, one is a Mac Book. The iMac has the latest driver available from Epson, v6.10. For reasons I don't know, my Mac Book uses a driver version 8.67.

2. When I print from the iMac the image will not center. When I print from the Mac Book the image prints just fine, in any configuration I set.

3. The problem occurs on the iMac whether I'm printing from Photoshop or Capture NX.

4. The print dialog box shows a mini preview of how the image will appear, once you've made all of your print selections. On the iMac, there is always a noticeable line and margin on the left hand side. To me, this indicates that there will be an offset. Even if I try to adjust for the offset by moving my margin, that line and margin won't go away in the preview, and the image prints off centered.

5. Epson customer service is beyond horrible.

Any thoughts for a solution? I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the driver. No luck. I've searched for the Epson v8.67 driver for the 1400. No luck. I'm a bit at wit's end.

Thanks for any feedback.

Claudia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.one-eye-closed.com
www.claudiaogradyphotography.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 1400, Won't print image centered