Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson R3000 error message

Beemer2

UK
2821 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Beemer2 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Dec 2006
Tue 06-Mar-12 03:47 PM | edited Tue 06-Mar-12 04:02 PM by Beemer2

My Epson R3000 is three days old and has been working fine. Today when I went to print I got an Epson Status Monitor error message that said there was no communication to one of the nine cartridges. That cartridge was VLM (Vivid light magenta).

I released the cartridge and reseated it. I did expect some housekeeping concerning just that cartridge but instead the printer did a full initial charge of every cartridge! I watched all the cartridge level indicators go down and with them some of my money went down the drain! Cartridge price in the US is currently around $31.

Call me cynical but to me this smacks of profiteering by Epson. As a result this has pushed me to ordering third party ink. I'm happy to do this as I have Spyder3Print to make my own print profiles.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Ian

If only Mozart had had a camera

G