Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help needed: BC Lyve ICC profiled R2880 giving greenish colorcast.

newbird

Neuville, near Quebec City, CA
2038 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
newbird Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006
Thu 23-Feb-12 02:23 AM | edited Thu 23-Feb-12 02:24 AM by newbird

Just made my first print with new Breathing Color Lyve canvas sheets (13x19) on my Epson R2880. I used the ICC profile custom-made free of charge by BC.

The first target prints I sent them to build the ICC profile for my R2880 had a strong colorshift according to them. I managed to print with CS4 the target prints and it was OK. They built the ICC profile from this printed target.

I then installed the ICC profile and did everything OK (soft proofing with ICC profile, color management in NX2.3 with ICC profile, no color management by the printer). The printed result has a strong green colorcast while the soft proof seems good.

The hypothesis of BC support service (which is excellent by the way) is that it could be my printer which could do some color management of its own even with the ICC profile selected. It could also be NX2 shifting colors as they have seen with Lightroom once.

I'm going to do some testing with CS4 and with other files. However, I was wondering if some of you have encountered a similar issue ?

Regards,

Yvan

Yvan
Quebec Fine-Art Landscape Photographer
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help needed: BC Lyve ICC profiled R2880 giving gree...

G