Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

color management and Printing 101

Bug

Michigan, US
237 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bug Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007
Fri 17-Feb-12 04:52 PM

I’ve spent 8 months trying to print a reasonable good picture from an Epson Stylus Photo R1800 printer and I’m so frustrated that I think I’m near a brain melt down. I’ve had 3mos downtime from back surgery and could not set for more than 30mins every 2hrs. So the surgery a break from the frustration of color management 101
My original problems were color management (summer 2011) with learning settings for software control vs. printer color. I think that I now have good/ok understanding of the process. But still my colors were all over the chart. Prints are ####, so I’ve moved my process from my laptop to my Desktop, because laptop screens are a weak link in the color management process.
Please know that my quality standards today are currently a “c-“grade level.
I’ve update my monitor to a dell 24” U2410 and purchased the X-Rite i1 Display Pro. I’m getting a load of process errors
1). i1 Profiling calibration process stopped with this error msg “Failed to apply video LUT’S”
2). i1 profiling calibration process stopped, error msg “ADC is not supported”
I have run the i1 Profiler process to completion a few times with no error msgs, BUT now my prints are very orange and I’m getting the subject error msgs. I have re-installed the software and update all drivers dell monitor, MS VISTA, and Epson R1800.
Can the wrong ICC profile make the print/printer significantly orange/redish-yellow? (i.e. ultra vs premium glossy?)
The 1st of March I’m taking one on one training with a local lab. I’m also reading and surfing the web to more knowledge, but I’m at a wall.
Can’t buy success……Any ideas?

As always !!!! Thank you for your time
Don in Michigan

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: color management and Printing 101