Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Choosing Paper Type in Photoshop Print Setup

Spinosaurus

US
15 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Spinosaurus Registered since 31st Dec 2011
Wed 15-Feb-12 04:32 PM

I am a newbie here at the Nikonians and have already found this to be a really valuable resource for getting questions and discussions about most any topic. So I apologize again in advance if these questions have been answered in the past. So to this question.
When printing on my Epson 3880 I use <Photoshop Manages Color> and use the proper ICC profile for the particular paper I'm using. When you go to the Print Setup menu, the drop down menu in Printer Setup has a limited number of choices for paper types. Can anyone tell me through their experience how big a difference it makes on your prints when choosing different paper types in this drop down menu? I asked Epson this question and they suggest using the closest paper type, but of course when using non Epson papers it is not obvious what paper type is closest to the paper you're using.
Thank you and thanks for all who have answered my previous questions.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Choosing Paper Type in Photoshop Print Setup

G