Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Prints differ when printed from different software

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Sun 12-Feb-12 04:49 PM | edited Sun 12-Feb-12 04:50 PM by briantilley

I generally print images using Nikon View NX2. My monitor is calibrated using the Eye-One Display 2, and I'm getting results which are a good match to how the image looks on-screen.

Recently, I had cause to do a quick print from Photoshop Elements 9, of a image on which I had just performed a perspective correction. The print was fine in terms of colour, but looked noticeably darker than I expected. I later printed the same image using View NX2, with "normal" results (i.e. it was brighter than the PSE9 image).

The image was shot in 12-bit lossless compressed NEF in sRGB. WB and exposure were corrected in View NX2 before conversion to JPG. The image was then opened in PSE9 and the perspective correction was made, before re-sizing, saving and printing. If it matters, the printer is an Epson Photo R800, and my PC is running W7 32-bit.

Any ideas on what settings I need to look at in PSE9 (and maybe in View NX2)...?

Thanks in advance

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Prints differ when printed from different software

G