Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Printer for one-off event

Garry Fuller

Wakefield, UK
160 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Garry Fuller Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Mar 2009
Sun 12-Feb-12 10:48 AM

I have been asked if I wish to cover the annual dinner dance of the local rugby club for whom I normally take match day photos. (You see a few match day galleries on my website as examples)

I'm developing a 'weekend warrior' business but normally rely on print ordering via my website, using one of the print suppliers 'built in' by Zenfolio. I do not intend to offer printing myself for my normal clients, so I am not looking to invest a lot of money in buying my own printer.

However the club secretary is asking for me to take photos on the evening and during the dinner provide each guest with a printed image as a take-away memento of the night.

I am being asked for my fee for the night, to include the print per person service, it is anticipated there will be approx 60 people (ok, many of whom will be couples so I could in theory half the number of prints…). As I see this as a great marketing opportunity I wish to do the event and am prepared to cover my costs plus a small margin, so my dilemma is this:

- I want to provide an excellent service, printing on the night 5x7s or 8x10s. I will put these into paper frames/cards

- I will not use the printer much after the event as a core service for my business, so it has to be at a cost which I can reasonably cover by the fee I charge for the event

What do you recommend as a printer for this scenario??

I'd be grateful for any advice given.

http://www.garryfuller.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Printer for one-off event

G