Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Monitor Changes Brightness??

quenton8

Toronto, CA
1445 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 11th Apr 2010
Wed 08-Feb-12 03:35 PM

I just got (2 weeks ago) a new PC -- 64bit, Windows 7.
I use Spyder-3pro to calibrate.

With my monitor (LG 24" Flatron) things seem fine, then for no apparent reason the brightness seems to drop a bit. I don't remember seeing this before (on my WinXP box). I see this a few times a day (4 or 5 perhaps). The change is not huge but enough to mess up looking at photos.

I took home my office monitor (a slightly larger Philips that has terrible issues with vertical angle). It seems to happen on that one too, but not as often (anecdotal evidence for how often in both cases).

I might consider the video h/w (built-in intel) -- except that the change seems about what I see due to the Spyder3 calibration -- so I am wondering if that can kick in and out for any reason?

Any comments would be appreciated before I go to my supplier (who is our office supplier and supplier to our clients too so will support whatever I ask).

----
Dennis Smith.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Monitor Changes Brightness??

G