Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Monitor Recommedations

grosander

Lancaster, US
188 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
grosander Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2009
Mon 06-Feb-12 02:55 AM | edited Mon 06-Feb-12 09:17 PM by grosander

Any recommendation on a good LCD color monitor?
I currently have a 2 year old HP HDX 16. It is a great laptop but the colors are not as good as they could be. I have decided to learn how to do color management and will need a good color monitor. I am assuming a 22-24 inch LCD monitor. My budget is around 500$ max as this is just a hobby for me which I really enjoy. I use Lightroom 3 mainly with a small amount of PS work. I assume I would also need to calibrate the monitor after I get it so recommendations on a calibration tool would be helpful.

My main goal is to get the colors right. I don't do a lot of printing but I would like to understand if the colors are displayed corretly.
Your experience and recommendations and Cost vs value observations would be helpful.

I understand not to get an LCD TN screen but am unclear which of the other technologies are worth the investment.

Regards,
Glenn

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G