Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson R3000 or Canon Pixma PRO-1????

iskaboo

London, UK
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
iskaboo Registered since 03rd Sep 2004
Fri 20-Jan-12 05:40 PM

My A3+ printer (HP B9180) is on its last legs. Since I am a not-so-proud owner of a B9180 -- I have hated it since the day I bought it four or five years ago -- I thought I would get the opinions of some people who know what they are doing before making another expensive mistake.

The questions is: should I buy an Epson R3000 or a Canon Pixma PRO-1? I know a lot about the R3000, both from reading this site and from a friend who owns one. I know little about the Canon except for the propaganda I see on various sites. I have not yet read a really decent review. Does anyone have any experience with this printer? Is it really worth the approximately £250 (I live in London) extra over the price of the Epson? I have had previous good experience with Canon printers (before I bought the hated HP), but I guess the rest of the world favours Epsons.

I am an enthusiastic amateur photographer who likes to print fairly large images to hang in my home and to give to friends. About two-thirds of my prints are monochrome. I do not have many requirements, except value for money, sharp prints and the fact that the printer will be used occasionally to print documents and other work-related material.

I know some of you will suggest an Epson 3880, but I have no need for an A2 printer and the cost is beyond my means.

Thanks for your help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G