Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

3880 bought 9 mo ago. no use yet. what now?

ClickCardo

Upstate, US
289 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ClickCardo Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Dec 2005
Thu 19-Jan-12 07:20 PM

I know it sounds really stupid, but I have an excuse. Last April I bought a 3880 and unpacked it on a table, but did not open/setup the ink. Good thing. A few days later I had to travel to mom's to help her with health issues. That Sep we were evacuated early am in a monster of a flood by boat. Got out with clothes, mom, cat, but lost D700 & 16-35mm Nikon F4. Lucky insurance covered that and car, but nothing of mom's. She lost house and everything in it. Last several months busy taking care of mom, her finances & home, building a new house, etc. Looks like next month we'll move in and I'll finally be able to use the 3880.

Now, since I did not unpack the ink will I be able to shake it and use it? If so how long will the ink last a 20-40 big print per month rate? Is there anything I should do that would allow me to use the original ink (better)?

Last thing, I'm only moving a few blocks away. Do I really have to rebox and tape everything back up or if I'm careful moving/driving can I just take it as is mostly?

Really appreciate any help by next weekend when I'll probably move.

Thanks
Richard

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 3880 bought 9 mo ago. no use yet. what now?
                    Reply message UPDATE: Thanks again everybody
                         Reply message RE: UPDATE: Thanks again everybody

G