Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

what's wrong/how do I fix it?

jackman1107

philadelphia, US
197 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jackman1107 Registered since 20th Jan 2008
Thu 29-Apr-10 01:21 AM

I think I've asked this question before; maybe not. The images look great on the screen; but, when I print the image, it's VERY muddy looking. The image views on the monitor bright and intense. The printer takes the image,and when it prints, it appears someone spilled tea over the entire print. Very upsetting. I realize I'm not using a calibrated pro printer; but, it should be better than this. Any directions to start? I'm using a HP 826 printer, something from QVC; my wife likes how you can write on the pictures with it. Most/all the pictures have this problem; so I'm assuming it is something in a printer/software/calibration problem. My best example; we have all experienced this, an indoor shoot, nighttime, incandescent light, and the flash doesn't fire. Viola- muddy picture. Your turn for ideas.

jack

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: what's wrong/how do I fix it?

G