Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 2200. WOW.

lstavast

Allen, US
1071 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
lstavast Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Registered since 01st Jan 2003
Sat 28-Dec-02 05:38 PM

I got this printer in July and have been so swallowed up with work, I just now got to configuring and using it in a serious, meaningful way.

I cannot BELIEVE the quality of image possible on it. I've used several Epson papers (premium semigloss, enhanced matte mostly). I printed about 35 sheets (some 8.5x11 for 8x10 images that I sold, paid for the printer entirely) and some 13x19 for 11x14s for a family reunion shot.

I had 2 chromes and 1 neg shot 6x7 with RB67 scanned and worked on them in PS (which I'm a real novice at) and printed. I'm confident I would not get better results from them at a custom lab I use here in town. I've also printed 35mm negs I scanned on my 4000ED - just as good at 11x14 as the 6x7 scans.

My remaining problem - getting profiles so my screen proofing more accurately matches the output on paper (screen looks lighter and less saturated than results). I've read and read until I'm nearly blind and confused to death. It just hasn't come together all the way. I'm probably missing something really obvious.

Anyway - I'm working and getting good output with minimal trial and error thanks to the many posts and responses I've read in this group.
Thanks for the help.

Lyle

Lyle

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 2200. WOW.