Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

High speed printing on Epson R2880

wailingtoad

US
1202 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wailingtoad Registered since 28th Oct 2005
Thu 11-Mar-10 03:29 PM

It's generally advised that, when doing high quality printing on the Epson R2880, it is best to turn high speed printing off. My question is: Why?

First off, what exactly is high speed printing? According to the Epson help - when the "High Speed" is checked (under Quality Options) then bidirectional printing is enabled - that is, the print head prints in both directions. If unchecked then it only prints in one direction - making the time to print slower since the print head is, effectively, crossing the page twice as many times.

But why does this affect the quality of the print? I'm just wondering if this advice is a carry over from older printers where there was a legitimate problem of printing not lining up precisely when printing in both directions. Has there been any testing to prove that this is still a problem in the latest printers?

Jon Davis
My Nikonians Gallery
My Flickr Gallery
My Epson R2880 Tips & Tricks blog

G