Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What light to check color of inkjet prints

biographie

Albuquerque, US
618 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
biographie Registered since 19th Sep 2002
Mon 13-Jan-03 01:50 AM

I just noticed something interesting about my prints. I was in my bedroom looking at a print I just made, and it looked great. I was about to make another copy, and I noticed a slight blue/magenta cast in the shadow areas. Why I did not see it earlier was the light was different. In the bedroom I have a halogen lamp, but in the kitchen area I have fluorescent lighting. Obviously, different light temperatures and effects, so which do I use as my standard of saying the color is correct? What the heck is museum lighting? Don't museums use those small halogen lamps to illuminate art?

FYI - Canon S9000 printer, Canon Pro Paper, Canon ink (but I don't think this matters for the situation I am asking about)

biographie
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10274">My Nikonians Image Gallery

G