Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New Epson 2880

VR8

Ottawa, CA
786 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008
Wed 11-Jun-08 11:58 PM

Okay for most of my time in digital photography, I have not had the best luck printing - I would argue marginal luck at best. But that changed today - the Epson 2880 out of the box, great color matching. I will take a pass on the printer profile gizmo - I am amazed and very happy. With one exception and I will post separately on a question I have about paper size, this thing worked for me. I used CS3 and had CS3 manage colors and I used Ultra Premium Photo Paper Lustre. I am very pleased. Now all I have to do is master my new D300 and CS3 to take advantage of it.

Caveat: when I say pleased I will have to judge brightness from proof to printer maybe punch it up a notch - nothing is absolutely perfect.

G