Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Yet another question about color management - sRGB and jpg

timot

FI
19 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
timot Basic Member
Wed 26-Mar-08 12:09 PM

Hi

I thought I finally understood the major points around this topic, but there still at least one thing I don't understand, and I have been unable to find a definive answer.

I have a jpg right out of a camera, camera is set for sRGB mode and the profile is embedded with the picture. No post-processing. I have understood that many browsers normally do not care too much about color management, but in any case the sRGB should look similar in both color managed apps and non-color managed.

However when I look at the very same image on an application that understands color management (e.g. photo mechanic/safari browser) the image looks way different, in color managed app the colors are far more saturated. why is that?

Is my assumption about the sRGB in non-color managed apps totally wrong?

G