Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 2200 and Color Management

Brad Simpkins

Corte Madera, US
149 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Brad Simpkins Registered since 24th Apr 2002
Wed 29-Jan-03 07:52 PM

Well I seem to have gotten myself in over my head... My current set-up is, Scanner:CanoScan FS4000US, PS: 7.0.1, Printer: Epson 2200... My computer is a Dell Inspiron 8100 1Ghz 512MB UXGA laptop... I have calibrated my laptop LCD and saved the profile as "my monitor".

In PS, I have tried to follow Lyons (www.computer-darkroom.co.uk) "Color Settings" - with the exception of a standard default in the "grey" settings... However in the "proof set-up" profile I am still using 'Working RGB-Adobe RGB(1998)"...

My problem is now when I open a picture in PS, I get the following Missing Profile box saying "The RGB document xxx.jpg does not have an embedded color profile... how do you want to proceed?... Should I assign a profile "Stylus Photo 2100/2200" here? and check the box "and then convert document to working RGB"?....

This where I have stopped!!! I don't want to screw anything up (more than I already may have!)

My hope is to ultimately print the picture on the Epson 2200 w/premium semigloss photo paper, as it appears on my computer screen... Prior to messing around with the PS settings, my prints had a slight magenta cast and were just a little darker than what appeared on my screen.

--Brad

... an Underwater Nikonian ...
Visit my U/W Photo Albums

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 2200 and Color Management