Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

NikonScan switching off Photoshop

Yachtsman

Salisbury, UK
551 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Yachtsman Registered since 10th Jun 2006
Sun 20-May-07 09:22 PM

I am part way through a scanning marathon and am experiencing problems with NikonScan that I've had off and on since new.

I usually open the scanner as a twain sourse in Photoshop (7). This is normally fine, I tend to scan around 5 frames at the maximum resolution my Coolscan V can give me, with the dust removal at normal. I then adjust colour/contrast/framing and save these 5 images to an external hard drive before reopening NikonScan for a further 5. Its laborious but I can just about live with it.

However, twice tonight, when I have the 5 frames scanned in and close NikonScan to start work on the images in Photoshop, instead of just closing itself, it drags PS with it, loosing the carefully scanned images without asking if I wish to save them.

Anyone know whats going on here? I use the external drive as the scratch disk. Its a 320 GB drive with 90% free space so I cannot believe its overloading. I know NikonScan is very fussy, but is this usual?

Richard

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NikonScan switching off Photoshop

G