Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 2200 - Can anyone explain this

drjimbob

Bowie, US
15520 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. Charter Member
Sun 11-May-03 02:25 AM

OK - I ran a sheet of Ilford "Smooth Gloss" paper through the 2200. I got some very faint banding in the top 1/3 of the print - which was sky. So, first I checked to see if the nozzles needed cleaning - the nozzle test came out fine. Then I checked to see if the print heads needed aligning - and the alignment test came out OK.

So, I then printed on Epson "Premium Semi-Gloss" and the print looked fine. I then tried another print using the Ilford "Smooth Gloss" and the print came out just fine.

Any one have any ideas why the original Ilford print was slightly banded - the bands were basically a a light to darker gradient - not any real gaps. Finally, I hadn't printed for about a week - might that be the problem - which the nozzle test "fixec"?

So - if anyone has any ideas about this, I like to hear them.

Thanks -

A BAD DAY BEHIND A NIKON (OR NIKON-HYBRID DSLR) BEATS A GOOD DAY BEHIND A DESK - Bob Tomerlin

A BAD DAY BEHIND A NIKON BEATS A GOOD DAY BEHIND A DESK - Bob Tomerlin
My Nikonians Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 2200 - Can anyone explain this

G