Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cannot Select Velvet Paper from Print Menu

Aqualad

Gainesville, US
28 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Aqualad Basic Member
Mon 17-Feb-03 11:04 PM

I have made the plunge into the digital realm by recently purchasing an Epson 2200 printer and Nikon LS4000 scanner. Color management seems pretty confusing and will be a question for another day. One immediate question I have though relates to the Epson Velvet Fine Art paper. When I go into the Photoshop 7 File => Print menu, the Epson print manager appears. When I then try to choose a "Media Type", I can choose from a variety of different papers such as Enhanced Matte Paper, Premium Luster Paper, etc. Velvet Fine Art paper appears as well in the menu, but is dimmed out and you cannot select it.

I am mystified by the problem. I have installed the printer drivers from both the installation CD and the latest set from the Epson web site. The problem is not related to specifying the wrong page size (problem is present whether I choose Super B or Letter size).

BTW - my current system is a Powerbook G4 (550 MHz with 512 MB ram) running under OS 9.2.2.

I am sure the problem is something obvious that I am missing in my naivete.

Sheepishly,

Aqualad

Visit my Website.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Cannot Select Velvet Paper from Print Menu

G