Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Other Software Corel is tempting me.

Fortkentdad

Fort Kent, CA
354 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Fortkentdad Registered since 01st Sep 2012
Sun 03-Nov-13 07:02 PM

I was looking to upgrade my Photoshop Elements and was disappointed to see that the latest version is still only 32 bit.
And when on the site I see that they are pushing their cloud subscription at $49/month which popped up when I went to upgrade. I feared that they were no longer selling upgrades and want you to subscribe. That might work for some but I'm not ready for that yet. I did get assurance from the on-line sales chatman Edmund (who needs to work on his English) that I can still upgrade for $80. When I asked if version 13 would be 64 bit his reply was thank you for chatting goodbye.

Oh bother

Anyway I decided to look again at Corel. They now have a promotional on "Aftershot Pro" http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4670071&cid=catalog50008&segid=6000006 which is a competitor to Lightroom. Currently on sale for $29 from $99. Tempting.

If Adobe is pushing to subscription based software I'm saying goodbye to Adobe.

Anyone know anything about this Aftershot program. Web Reviews seem to give it thumbs up. It does not replace Elements - for that I need their Paintshop Pro ($69 - but it is 64bit already).

Do I spend $100 and convert to Corel or wait for Adobe and spend that amount on Lightroom (don't have that yet). Hmmm?

On the fence.

BTW - I looked for a section in the Software part of this forum and didn't see a place for programs there were not either Adobe, Nikon or Mac. I think "other software" would be worthwhile category - just saying.

FKD
Alberta CANADA

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Other Software Corel is tempting me.
                         Reply message Bought Corel Paintshop ProX6
                              Reply message RE: Bought Corel Paintshop ProX6

G