Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

software recommendations

Martin Gonn

Portland, US
702 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Martin Gonn Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jun 2013
Thu 04-Jul-13 07:46 PM

I know this topic has been discussed to death for most of you, but I'm still confused. I'm just starting out in digital (my film shooting experience is from ages ago) and don't know what software to get. I have a D600 and a brand new iMac that will be dedicated to photographic work. Of course lightroom and photoshop are the standards, but then there are some users who say that, despite being slow and unstable, Capture NX2 gives a better final product. Then there are Optics Pro and Capture One. I like to manipulate my images, and I do have some modest professional ambitions, but I don't see ever having a large production workflow. And I'm not very computer savvy. So are any of the alternatives an adequate substitute for photoshop? I think I'm asking too many questions here, so I'll just ask if anyone has recommendations, considering the equipment I'm using. Thanks in advance.

Martin

Martin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: software recommendations